Looking for a Battery

I got lucky the other day when this fellow came to our field with a half built electric glider. He said he started it ten years ago and
just lost interest and he gave it to me. Its a GP Spectra but it requires a rather unusual battery. It uses a seven cell 8.4 volt 3600 MAH with a deans plug. Is there anyone out there that has one lying around that you would like to sell? Tower wants almost 40 bucks and I don't want to spend that knd of money on a freebie. Let me know. snipped-for-privacy@msn.com
oh, I say set ip up on LiPos, or at least NiMh. Anyone want to weigh in on what it would take to convert this? It would cost more but more performance. Does it have like a 550 motor in it? Or you could buy cells and make a battery. mk

The $40 battery is a Nimh. And the can is a GP Goldfire 550 brush motor.
On Sat, 10 Oct 2009 17:11:19 -0700, Ted wrote:

http://www.batteriesamerica.com/newpage8.htm scroll down about a third of the page. $27.95 for fast charge pack and $20 for normal charge pack.
--
To reply by email: vhoward1122 at gmail dot com

Wow, checked that site and the 3600 MAH is way more than Tower but thanks anyway. I'm going to post a note since I have a LiPo 2200 11.1 volt and if I can match a motor to it, I will be OK. Funds are limited so am looking for best price/perfromance with a minimum of expenditure.
Remember that if you go LiPo it will be much lighter.
A 3600MAh NiCad or NiMh will be very heavy - if that battery pack is providing nose weight then you will likely have to pack a lump of lead in with the LiPo to get balance.
Cheers,
Nigel
__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4498 (20091011) __________
http://www.eset.com