Canisters

Canisters make the engines quieter and then you can play with prop tip speeds to keep your neighbors happy.

I want/need to do this.

Does anyone know if there are canister mufflers available for a BME 44 or a BME 50?

Jim Branaum AMA 1428

Reply to
Six_O'Clock_High

On Sun, 11 Oct 2009 09:37:22 -0500, "Six_O'Clock_High"

Reply to
Martin X. Moleski, SJ

Humm, I've never "brazed" before. He makes it sound easy. mk

Reply to
MJKolodziej

"MJKolodziej" wrote

With good rod and flux and enough heat, it isn't much different than soldering. On drawback is the fact that the brazing rod mixes (on the molecular level) with the steel in the cans and header, and may make a new alloy that is more prone to cracking at the edge of the braze zone. The heat required and how it transitions out into the steel of the can also contribute to possible cracking.

One of my favorite ways to make can mufflers is with JB Weld. It will not hold a large structural load well by itself, but a little bending, pop riveting and careful fitting to carry the load and let the JB seal is very durable.

Reply to
Morgans