Looking for plans similar to Global Wattage Extra 330L EP ARF

Hi everyone. I've been considering purchasing a small electric for those days when I can't quite make it out to the field.

I have been looking at the Global Wattage Extra 330L EP ARF Global. Looks like it might be a small fun plane.

After looking at the kit however, I've come to the conclusion that it wouldn't be too difficult to scratch build.

Anyone have/know of plans for a similar electric flyer? Preferably the free downloadable type :-)

This will be my first attempt at electric flight. (Been flying glow for a number of years.)

Thanks in advance.

Reply to
SuperScooper

Get a Park Cap 232 from stevensaero.com and use one of the recommended power set ups. The plane will weigh about 40 percent less than the Global Extra.

The Stevens design will teach you all about smart engineering and constuction techniques for electric that will be valuable for for future scratch projects. The recommended power systems ensure complete success.

I learned a lot about construction for electric from this kit. I came from glow flying and my first scratch electric airframe was way overbuilt (flew fine though).

Mine will fly the IMAC pattern (if only I could) and will slow down to a walking pace for landing. Truly an amazing kit.

Reply to
mike tully

Thanks for the tip/link. This looks very much like what I'm looking for. Looks like a better flyer... with much less weight.

Reply to
SuperScooper