Monocote wrinkle?

I heat monocote till it is very tight but over time, sometimes less than one summer the monocote wrinkles but will tighten back up just applying a little more heat again. I just tightened up a bad wrinkle useing heat, hot and long enough I was amazed the monocote did not melt. I have just done this and do not know if it might wrinkle again. When first covering a wing the job has looked good to me but I now wonder how long I should continue to heat the monocote and question warping the wing. I thank you for your response.

Reply to
Paparoger54

Most "plastic" coverings will loosen with time. As you've found out, the solution is to just re-shrink it. The more tight it is when applied, the less it will loosen. Pull it fairly tight before ironing the edges down so it won't have to shrink as much the first time. Dr.1 Driver "There's a Hun in the sun!"

Reply to
Dr1Driver