Motor for certain weight plane question

When you read about a certain motor and it says that it's for, say, up to a

15 oz plane ... Is that the all up and ready to fly weight, including their motor and a battery to power it or does it mean, take our motor and battery and put it into your 15 oz plane?
Reply to
Forrest

AUW. boome

-- boomerac

----------------------------------------------------------------------- boomerace's Profile:

this thread:

boomerace

Ready to fly weight...

PCPhill

Reply to
PCPhill

"Forrest" wrote in news:YKCdnZI9Hv4NEg7enZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com:

Like the other posters said, it means all-up weight, including the motor & battery.

But if you're referring to the Hobby Lobby ads, I thought I'd throw in a complaint about their way of saying exactly that sort of thing - "For airplanes to 15 oz" - well, is that a 15 oz 3D aerobatic plane or a 15 oz powered glider? The two have radically different motor requirements, so that sort of statement by itself is nearly useless.

Reply to
Mark Miller