Not exactly RC

Neat. Didn't the US Army play with that concept back in the 50's? Contra-rotating blades and attached to teh back of the trooper? p.s. I seem to recall seeing one at WPAFB and another at the air & space museum in 76'

-- Keith

Reply to
Schiffner

Reply to
Tim Wescott

Agreed IF you have the skill with a machine shop... A skill that I lack, sadly. 8^) I've similar one in mind I'd love to do. Always wanted to do a large scale Kaman Husky with turbine power. It's daunting enough I wont do anything but dream.

-- Keith

Reply to
Schiffner

You could maybe do a close stand-off scale with one of the twin-rotor almost-toy ARF mini helicopters that are showing up these days. The rotor separation would be way too big, and there would be that big not-to- scale flybar, but it'd be _close_

Reply to
Tim Wescott

I know...IF I did it it would be correct. The details might lack but I'd like it so you could stand back hold up an old aircraft ID flashcard up and it would be RIGHT...as in the silouettes would overlap perfectly. I'll leave stuff like perfectly scale interiors and rivet spacing to the obssesive compulsives. 8^) I still remember watching them fly on a regular basis at McConnel AFB.

-- Keith

Reply to
Schiffner

You can get rid of the flybar with careful application of additional mems gyros to pitch and roll. Lots and lots and lots of discussion on rcgroups.com

Reply to
cs_posting

Agreed IF you have the skill with a machine shop... A skill that I lack, sadly. 8^) I've similar one in mind I'd love to do. Always wanted to do a large scale Kaman Husky with turbine power. It's daunting enough I wont do anything but dream.

-- Keith

You can always just buy one:

Geezer

Nice...I guess. I meant this.

A nice turbine powered version. 8^) But not likely to happen...I am not skilled enough.

-- Keith

Reply to
Schiffner