O.S. FT-120 flat twin engine

To my understanding, OS made 2 versions of this engine. The Gemini and the Gemini II, both now out of production. Can anyone explain the differences between these two. TIA

Reply to
42

Seems to me the early version had a weak spot in the shaft/crankpin area???? I've only had the Gemini II, but it's still a sweet engine! Cheers -- Lyman "On so-called global warming or climate change, let us not scare ourselves with catastrophic forecasts, or use them to defend and promote irrational interventions in human lives."

Reply to
Lyman Slack

Correct; the Gemini ll was a detuned 160 with big performance differences. Hard to imagine any of the first FT-120 are still running as crankshafts have been unavailable for past 5-6 years. FWIW extract from my post to this n/group 03Aug99 OS Four stroke ratings = FT-120 = .86kw or 1.2ps (difference between ps and hp is minute) FT-120 11 = 1.32kw or 1.8ps ==significantly improved== FT-160 = 1.47kw or 2.0ps FT-240 = 2.87kw or 3.9ps FS-120 111 = 2.1ps FS-90 = .96 or 1.3ps FS-91 = 1.6ps

Regards Alan T. Alan's Hobby Model & RC FAQ Web Links

A.T.

Any idea where I can get a back housing cover plate that fits the back of the crankcase?

Reply to
rafeeki

might try contacting OS. Sometimes they will have a few parts remaining.

Reply to
vhoward1122