Polk's Seeker receivers

For what it's worth...I just received a couple of the 8 and 6 channel
Seeker receivers from Polks...priced right and bench tests are very
good..using either Hitec, JR or Futaba. My only complaint would be
the very thin wire used for the antenna... I plan to test fly them
this weekend... both are dual conversion and once locked on the
particular transmitter they were set on..they stay there until
re-programmed. This type of receiver and the synthesized transmit
modules (Hitec had one, Futaba just started shipping theirs and JR
just announced theirs, too)(and I have one of the Polks Tracker 3
systems on back order as well. It holds 100 plane setups and has a
built in scanner...and comes with receiver, battery pack and one
servo..odd, just one servo...oh, well...and the transmitter will work
any FM PPM receiver....the whole thing is $250...and as soon as I test
fly these receivers in my old trainer test plane I will post on this
link...and when I get the transmitter set next month I will post my
findings on it. If anyone else if flying these, I think we all would
like to hear your findings.
Regards to all...
Frank Schwartz AMA123
79 years young..still building and flying...been doing it 69
years...fun, fun, fun.....
Reply to
Frank Schwartz
I have a Tracker II and really like it. I think you will enjoy yours very much. The Seeker receiver I received with my Tracker works quite well. I have not noticed any problems at all with it.
Reply to
Ted Campanelli
Hi Frank, nice to see your name pop up. Hope you got your Multicharge
fired up. RCMW project from last year. I would very much like to hea from you again, tried contacting you recently but mail returned.
Would you be so kind as to get in touch with me, it's a related matte regarding receivers. Looking forward to your e-mail if possible.
kindest regards, John Whitehea
-- john whitehea ----------------------------------------------------------------------- john whitehead's Profile:
this thread:
john whitehead
Attn: John Whitehead. I tried sending you a message email but it came back. Kindly send me you email address at snipped-for-privacy@bellsouth.net and I will send you the message that was returned as unsendable. Frank
Reply to
Frank Schwartz
Good luck with your Tracker III (whenever you get it) because the Tracker II was a piece of crap. I put up with it's very basic limitations for about a month before I got rid of it and went with a Multiplex EVO which is everything (and more) that Polk's claims the Tracker to be (NOT!). I don't see where Polk's has specifically addressed the shortcomings of the Tracker II so I'm skeptical that the Tracker III will be much better. The Seeker, however, is a really nice receiver, and it's been rock solid for me for over a year. When I need more receivers, I'll probably go with additional Seekers unless I need more channels than they offer. I calls 'em like I sees 'em; the good AND the bad.
MJC
Reply to
MJC
Mr. Schwartz,
I am half your age and I hope I still have all my facilities by the time I reach your seasoned maturity so I can fly as you seem to be. Heck, I hope I reach that age (??) lol.
Congratulations to you !
CJ
Reply to
CJ