Prop for .20 airboat.

Hey all,

I'm building an airboat from scratch for an OS 20FP. Suggested prop size recommended is a 9x4. I'm wondering if an 8x6 three bladed prop would be suitable for this? Thanks,

Travis

Reply to
Ladonna

You need to keep the pitch way down because the boat won't want to go as fast on water as a plane would in the air. An 8X4 three blade would be a better choice.

Reply to
Paul McIntosh

My guess would be an 8x5 (preferred) or 8x6 (maybe too much). I run a three blade on my airboat, although it's powered by a OS .35 so I don't have actual knowledge of your engine.

Hope this helps, John

Reply to
Dirtnap