Propeller Hits

| Aw hell, just ban props :-) That's the standard big brother government | solution.
Of course, I've been hit by more planes without props than I have
planes with props. So banning props wouldn't be that effective, at least in my case.
And ducted fans do have props -- they're just hidden somewhat. Gliders don't have props, but I recall a few years back where a kid was killed by a hi-start or a winch at a contest -- it pulled an anchor out of the ground and sent it into the back of his head.
And even a hand launch glider could put an eye out ...
Can't we just ban trolls instead?
| | >A friend was chopped up pretty badly not to long ago. He had the nerves | >and tendons severed in his arm and is now handicapped after two major | >operations. The AMA has known for years about the frequency of this | >happening (propeller claims are the largest segement of their insurance | >claims), yet they seem to ignore the facts. Any comments??
I'm still waiting for 1) some sort of proof that propeller claims are the largest segement of their insurance claims, 2) how the AMA is ignoring the facts, and 3) what he thinks the AMA should do about it.
I suspect I'll be waiting for a long time, however.
You can't keep blaming yourself. Just blame yourself once, and move on.
Now that's a GREAT idea -- Lyman

Naw! Big Brother will require air bags on all prop blades. The outer skin of the blades will be rubber. Like a balloon. With a proximity sensor so it never hits you before the balloon can inflate. You'll suddenly have what appears to be two or more.................. well let's just say there'll be more than one boob in close proximity to the engine! But at least two of them will knock you to safety and then proceed to beat the air at many RPMs!
Rumors will no doubt abound that this was suggested to the Gov through a channel that leads back to an AMA DVP, endorsed by the DB, passed by the EC, enforced by the AVP's and cheered by the LM's. Did we miss anyone?
Only redeeming feature is the frequent and unexpected operation while in flight. Makes for some humorous moments at the ol' flying field! :)
Advanced versions for wayward pylon racers are being tested as we speak! :)
It has also been suggested that this same sensor can be connected to the flight controls. The intent being the ability to autonomously redirect the model away from any obstructions. Thereby avoiding impact with trees, bushes, grass, bambi and whatever the tree huggers are into these days. However there has been the problem of the model exploding as it tries to escape the flock of birds it's suddenly found itself in.
Testing continues!

No, ban fingers!
Yeah, that will work also :-0

That's going to make it awfully hard for aggressive drivers to properly express themselves!

Damn, Charlie! There you go with that leading edge thinking again. You have a bright future. On days when it isn't raining, that is...<G>
Ed Cregger
After reading all those replies, I guess it IS me...
I was not aware I got to usenet, I thought I was still in the foru where it is hosted as a part of their database (RCGroups), bu nevertheless, I still think flaming is not the best way to explai something to someone, misled as he may be, but, as stated before, it' probably me...
Thanks for the calm resposes though... ;
-- centu ----------------------------------------------------------------------- centus's Profile: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/member.php?action=getinfo&useridQ23 View this thread: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid5612
What I've noticed is this: a troll strikes and then disappears when the discussion gets going. Anyone else notice that too? Ballerina is suddenly not around......
--
blwblw
yeah, I noticed