RC Community

Mr. Akimoto generally doesn't know his domo from his arigato, but...

He is right that you may feel more welcome somewhere else.

As someone else said, the S/N (signal to noise ratio) is quite high here. Someone once called the Internet the "Electronic Frontier" and they aren't far off. It's not civilized unless you're packing something.

Your best stop is probably the local hobby shop to find out where the local clubs are hanging out and to see which one makes you feel most welcome.

If you want on-line assistance, you'll get it here but you also have to put up with types like Mr. Aki who seem to delight in neanderthalic demonstrations of their ability to crush egos like beercans on his forehead (Try that with a Canadian beercan and you'll discover the meaning of the word "pain").

Your best on-line alternates are RCGroups.com and RCUniverse.com -- opinions on RCU differ. I tend to hang out on RCGroups.

Reply to
byrocat

When all else fails, attack the spelling, grammar or punctuation. You sound like a Mac user.

Reply to
zara

Yeah, Mac users tend to sound superior at times - but I guess that is because....we are! :-)

David - another superior Mac user

zara wrote:

Reply to
quietguy

"quietguy" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@REMOVE-TO-REPLYconfidential-counselling.com...

Nah, you only think you are. A Windows machine will do anything a Mac does, faster, better and for about half the money as a Mac. There is also a huge amount more software available for Windows. Oh- if you want to counter with the virus/malware argument, know that malware is a thing of the past.

Reply to
zara

Hi John, I'm inclined to agree with you. There are many Usenet groups populated by friendly, intelligent, courteous individuals. Perhaps I'm a bit thin skinned but this group has become depressing due largely to the extent to which the trolls, brats, and idiots are tolerated. I'm going to leave for awhile because it's not fun anymore. I'll see you here:

Ed Forsythe

"Martin X. Moleski, SJ" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

------------------

Gee, that sounds just like the way it is in real life!

Hi, Marty!

Ed Cregger (couldn't stand nickname)

Reply to
Ed Cregger

Tagging him as neanderthalic is wildy overestimating his mental capacity... neanderthals had some claim to intelligence.

Reg

Reply to
tux_powered

There will always be those who aspire to Rolls, BMWs, Mercedes, and Macs, but who must suffer crap like Holdens, Fords and Windows. Sour grapes I guess

David

zara wrote:

Reply to
quietguy

"quietguy" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@REMOVE-TO-REPLYconfidential-counselling.com...

If you are implying me - let me correct your thinking. I am fortunale enough to by any computer I want, and, any model plain I want. I prefer Windows. I perfer mid size electrics. As for cars - Japanese.

Reply to
zara

Ahh well, no accounting for taste (or the lack of it) :-)

David - who enjoys a bit of stirr> "quietguy" wrote in

Reply to
quietguy

Which is EXACTLY what you did Captain Hypocrite.

"Take your own advise, it's zara- not Zara - get it?"

Reply to
The OTHER Kevin in San Diego

(Don't attack his spelling. He'll accuse you of being a Mac user.)

Reply to
The OTHER Kevin in San Diego