receiver suggestions please

I have an old Potensky Eagle that I just converted to a brushless power system.

It the old RX worked fine with the old motor and controller. Since I changed the motor and controller, I am seeing a lot of nasty glitching.

The space for mounting a RX on this thing is severely limited (basically something the size of the Hitec "feather" RX is all the room I have to work with.

So what kind of micro size 72Mhz RX are people having good success with out there.

P.S. before someone suggests it, I am NOT interested in trying to plow through the on-line forums that's for people who have high-speed connections and plenty of free time, which rules me out on two counts.

P.P.S reply to address on this message is bogus

Reply to
Bob Cowell

The Berg Microstamp receiver by Castle Creations is widely praised as the best of the 72Mhz FM single conversion micro receivers.

Good luck and good shopping!

Reply to
Ed Paasch

Besides the Berg, FMA Rx's are pretty good. If you haven't tried it already, braid your motor/esc wiring. That'll cut down on interference.

PCPhill

Reply to
PCPhill

Here are a couple of possibilities.

Corona 8 channel synthesized dual conversion - just a hair smaller than a HiTec Micro 5 channel

Corona 4 channel synthesized dual conversion
I have delt with Hobby City on numerous occasions and found them to be a reliable company. Since it is direct from Hong Kong figure 3 weeks to get the stuff, but the prices are very reasonable.

Reply to
Ted Campanelli

I'm a newbie at this..but.... have seen articles mentioning adding ferrite rings to the leads to stop cross-interference for tight installations. This thread might help

regards, rich

Reply to
rich

Okay, I've been away a few days, but I'll second the vote for the Berg. They've been absolutely bulletproof for me even under some #&^$% brutal conditions. I've used several brands of micro-rx, with varying degrees of success, but the Berg's are my favorite.

Unfortunately, I'm not planning to buy any more 72MHz radios, and AFAIK there's been no announcement about a Berg 2.4. Ah, well.

Reply to
Mark

after trying everything else to cure my glitching problem, I finally got one of these and installed it. then, after waiting for a reasonable day, I got to try it out last night.

It is no wonder that this RX is well thought of, it works, and cured my problems.

Thanks to all who replied to this thread when I first posted it

Reply to
Bob Cowell

On Wed, 23 Apr 2008 08:28:56 -0500, Bob Cowell wrote in :

Thanks for coming back to us with the update, Bob.

It's nice to know when something works!

Marty

Reply to
Martin X. Moleski, SJ

I just looked back, and the first reply was pisted clear back on March 4, and I just finally got a chance to install the new RX last weekend and test fly it.

I figured I better say SOMETHING about all the help so that people knew I hadn't just taken their suggestions and run away ;-)

I always try to learn from other people who have already BTDT, It's cheaper, less painful, and saves me a lot of time if I don't have to learn stuff "the hard way"

bob

Reply to
Bob Cowell