REVOCATION OF INDEPENDENCE

Scotland.

Mate; it's time you changed your drinking habits. Have you tried good Oz ales, like Fosters, VB, Coopers Pale Ale and about 100 other good beers ? They will put hair on yer chest and make a visit to any BBQ worth while. Saw a Pommy (forgotten what you call that mob from across that ditch you call the Atlantic) once dring from a can of beer with a straw ! That's about as lewd as you can get I reckon and says something about British Breeding ... DN

Reply to
nignog1

Is a Dog Piss Lager you turd.

It's okay in a pinch.

Piss weak in my experience.

Now that is just damned wrong! I hope you beat some sense into the fool.

(life sucks when the shed is 8' X 8' and already occupied by more boxes than got dropped on Omaha beach)

Reply to
Keith Schiffner

Scotland.

Mate; it's time you changed your drinking habits. Have you tried Fosters, Coopers pale ale, VB Larger, and about 100 other good Oz ales ? All of them will put hair on yer chest and make any BBQ worth attending. Remember once seeing a Pommy (forgotten what you call them these days, but that mob across the ditch you call the Atlantic)actually drinking from a can of good larger with a straw ! That's just about as lewd as you can get I reckon and says something about British breeding ... DN

Reply to
nignog1

I do it just to piss off the ...welll you know!

Reply to
Paul McIntosh

The good Fosters in the UK is brewed in Scotland! You can really taste the difference.

Reply to
Paul McIntosh

As Keith said that's just larger and it's the 'ol gnats piss. Try Hook Norton beers, Jennings' brands, even Boddington's better than that "F" word

Reply to
Johny H

"Johny H" wrote in message news:cppuk2$bqv$ snipped-for-privacy@news7.svr.pol.co.uk...

Not to mention they Brew it in N.A. for consumption in that market...not a bad idea imo. At least it's fresh and not beat to crap by a boat trip. I also rather like Tsing Tao. Pretty good Chinese lager.

Reply to
Keith Schiffner

You're a brave man...

...actually admitting to like lager...

Malcolm

Reply to
Malcolm Fisher

"Malcolm Fisher" wrote in message news:41c0952e$0$2654$ snipped-for-privacy@master.news.zetnet.net...

Malcolm, bier is bier! I'm also fond of Pilsen but wish more americans realized that they are serving it TOO warm!

Reply to
Keith Schiffner

You make my point...

Beer should be at room temperature to be enjoyed to the full.

When it's chilled to the temperature that many pubs serve it, it becomes tasteless...

...that is probably WHY they serve it so COLD...

...if it COULD be tasted I reckon sales would slump.

Malcolm

Reply to
Malcolm Fisher

"Malcolm Fisher" wrote in message news:41c0a4bb$0$2654$ snipped-for-privacy@master.news.zetnet.net... SNIP

Ahh, but some beer SHOULD be served cold. Pilsens especially! They are best served at or around 38-42F.

LOL...you've obviously had Buttwiper. I mean Budweiser, no really that's what I meant to say.

No doubt. Cool not cold is best imo...how I prep my pilsner is almost like some arcane ritual from the days of Alchemy.

Reply to
Keith Schiffner

All dirty water to me.

Reply to
Paul McIntosh

Come on you jokers, stop acting like Sheila's and drink a mans drink AND cold.

The main reason we like our beer cold is because of necessity. It happens to be hot most of the year (except in Melbourne and Tasmania) and a can of beer would boil unless it was cold. Nothing like drinking a cold beer when the sun is up and burning the cattle's bums and lizards are drinking all day.

I've lived in your neck of the woods and the only thing I could drink was Scotch - beer warm and useless I reckon. Tried that Bud stuff once and asked the barman what sort of a joint he was running! Anyway, each to his/her own...

DN

Reply to
nignog1

The great mystery of Bud is how they get the cat to squat over the bottle.

Reply to
Russ

Reply to
Sport Pilot

Reply to
MGordo

Many years ago we fought off the Queens soldiers(also Queens in their little Red uniforms?). They beat their drums to announce that they were attacking us and ready to be shot. They wore little Red Military uniforms so we did not have to fear miss shooting them with our guns and we defeated them swiftly and soundly. Tony Blair? I don't think we need another idiot. In 15 or so years you will probably address us as "The Hispanic States of America". Do I really care who shot Kennedy?

Reply to
Bugsie

And any beer that requires a lime and salt to kill the flavor must ber REAL GOOD stuff. (load of sarcasm)

Reply to
Paul McIntosh

No one has yet mentioned a "real" beer.

There are many small breweries who "do their own thing" and are often only available through a local pub - often their own premises.

I agree that some Scottish beers are great e.g. "Fraoch" and "Kelpie" and always have a few bottles around, BUT to serve them chilled - NEVER!

Malcolm

Reply to
Malcolm Fisher

Is that why that part of NY where many British troops were shot and killed is called Queens, NY?

Reply to
Sport Pilot