Smarter mates

I would like SW to be capable to fix automaticaly broken mates or in other words mates to be a lot smarter. To give you an example:

Supose we have a plate mated at the end of a sq. tube. Supose the WCS origin is in the CG of the plate and the same applies for the sq. tube. There are 3 mates, one face of the plate mated with the end of sq. tube and 2 more in which a midle plane of the plate is mated with the coresponding one from the sq. tube. Now I decide not to have the plate centered on the sq. tube any more, but one end flush with one face of the tube. So in SW 2004 I would have to delete first one mate between two corespondig planes and then apply a flush mate between one end of the plate and one face of the tube. What I would like to be able to do, is to apply directly the flush mate and SW to understand what mate overconstrain the parts and delete it. This is a simple case but could be a lot more complicated ones with more then one solution and in this situation SW should walk us through them and we should be able to pick the right to fix it.

V.M. snipped-for-privacy@vm-designing.com

vm

Did you submit an enhancement request? I would agree with you on this.

Reply to
Corey Scheich

Why not just re-define that mate to reference the new features and mate types which 2004 now allows?

Dave H

vm wrote:

Reply to
Dave H