Saab Viggen action photos - The legendary Swedish jet fighter

Hi everybody,

The end is near for one of the most beautiful jet fighters in the world: The Saab Viggen. With just 8 more moths to go only one squadron still operates the Viggen in two recce variants and an electronic warfare version. On 5 - 6 April I had the chance to make a comprehensive photographic report of this fantastic aircraft. Check

is you like to see all photos of this Nordic Dinosaur !

Have fun, Iwan

Reply to
Iwan Bogels

Hi Iwan, Absolutely beautiful pics especially the first dusk shot. She's beautiful and deadly - always one of my favorites. So sad to see a lovely lady retired. If you don't mind I'd like to add the shots to my collection (not for distribution) :)

Reply to
Ed Forsythe

Hi Ed,

Thanks for your kind words. Be my guest to add them to your collection. Do you know if there are any RC Viggens around ?

Cheers, Iwan

"Ed Forsythe" schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com...

Reply to
Iwan Bogels

A buddy built one about 20 years ago with a Merco 61. It flew beautifully but he was disappointed because it wouldn't spin :-)) BTW, why the forward looking mirrors? Rather unusual?

Reply to
Ed Forsythe

Hi Ed,

Not as unusual as it seems, as it is a twin-seat aircraft..... There is a second canopy behind the first one, and I guess forward visibility is poor from that seat.

Cheers, Iwan

"Ed Forsythe" schreef in bericht news:x snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com...

Reply to
Iwan Bogels