Saab Viggen action photos - The legendary Swedish jet fighter

Hi everybody,

The end is near for one of the most beautiful jet fighters in the world:

The Saab Viggen.

With just 8 more moths to go only one squadron still operates the Viggen in two recce variants and an electronic warfare version. On 5 - 6 April I had the chance to make a comprehensive photographic report of this fantastic aircraft. Check

is you like to see all photos of this Nordic Dinosaur !

Have fun, Iwan

Reply to
Iwan Bogels

This is the most impressive series of photos I've seen in a long time. What a synchronicity of subject and photographer's skill! Thank you very much for sharing.

Reply to
Aeropause

very, very nice photos. thank-you for putting them up on the web. now all i'd like is a nice 1/72 Viggen kit. why i'm not even sure that you can find the ancient matchbox kit much these days.

have you offered them to a magazine like 'combat aircraft' or tried getting them in a book yet? if you do please post some details here.

t.

Reply to
87015

Have you considered Heller's fairly ancient kit? IIRC it was kind of like their Draken in that it could be built as a two-seater, recon, maritime recon and fighter. Don't know about availabilty, tho.

Don McIntyre Clarksville, TN

Reply to
Don McIntyre

Fantastic pictures - Thanks for Sharing !!

Sten Sundelin Flying Colors Aerodecals

Reply to
Sten

Squadron had the JA37 kit on sale not long ago ($2.99) I picked up a few - sorry - I intend to build them myself

Should not be too difficult to track down.

Decent kit, raised panel lines and not much detail. Typical for late 70's - early 80's

Sten Sundelin Flying Colors Aerodecals

Reply to
Sten

As Sten mentions elsewhere the JA-37 kit is still out there and all the parts are there for all the original versions. The instructions do not cover those nor are there decals for them but those are minor problems.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

i note the end of your message. do you do decals for models? these pictures would make excellent subjects.

t.

Reply to
87015

As a swede I got tears in my eyes when I see those pictures. And to know that our goverment scarp them prematurely. Especially the JA37 has many hours left. But as it apperes, they don't want us to keep any aircrafts at all... Viggen will always be my favorit. And yes, the heller kit is still out there and kicks ass. Never buy the matchbox or revell kits, they as no good at all.

//André

"Iwan Bogels" skrev i meddelandet news:d42hor$fls$ snipped-for-privacy@reader10.wxs.nl...

Reply to
André

As some wag once described British Air Defense policy "They want fewer and fewer aircraft doing more and more tasks until they reach the point where there are no aircraft doing everything".

:-) Bill Shuey

Reply to
William H. Shuey

N-CAVs?..