Senior Telemaster

Not at our club field. On any given weekend you'll find scale warbirds, small sport flyers, electrics, heli's, racers,3D stuff, etc. Everyone has a good time and shares a common interest...model aircraft. We have about 120 members, and it's one of the best clubs I've ever been in. I gotta say, now that I think about it, I've never been in a club in NC that wasn't fun and got along well. Maybe it's the weather :-)

Dave AMA 119484

Tweek

Mine also Dave. I've been doing model aircraft, free flight, U-Control, RC, off and on almost as long as Frank and I have *never* belonged to or visited any club where the members were not cordial and helpful to everyone.

Reply to
Ed Forsythe

What club ? I've been welcomed and been made real comfortable everywhere I go. I have electrics that are about 2 oz up to 5 lb. Also have glow from .40 to 1/4 scale. I especially get comments on my little mini stik and my little (24" span) electric pylon racer which flies over 100 mph.

I do visit a lot of clubs. Many are 500 miles or more from where I live and don't recall a time I ever felt unwelcome at any of them.

Most clubs seem to give me special attention because I am an out of town visitor. We do the same to visitors where I fly , make them feel special and that we appreciate their company.

Ken

Reply to
Ken Day

Same here. I have never run into this problem, well once maybe. A club near Poway CA. We were visiting our daughter there and had been invited by a club member I met on line to stop in and fly with them. He furnished the plane, had a great time until the club a*****e showed up and did his thing. I just ignored him, as I was warned by the host that if he showed up he would probably be less than hospitable. The field was a county park so they couldn't do much with the resident jerk other than ignore him. He seldom flew.

Red S. FGMAC Gainesville, FL

Reply to
Red Scholefield

I did some checking and will not mention the club as the MEMBER that made the remark is not an officer or in any way connected to policy setting of the club. Apparently this was a personal opion of the MEMBER and not a policy of the club. Incendently I have not seen him since, could be that we have not been at the field at the same time. Other members were wanting to see the plane fly, Electrifed Rudder Bug circa 1949 gotta love those old timers. Got off the ground and made the first turn and the prop flew off, managed to land(?) without damage!

Roy

Reply to
Roy Minut