SIG 4 Star 1.20 Manual

Has anyone built one of these and still has the manual? I have tried the SIG site but there is no way to download the manual that I could find. I just bought a finished 4 star that was sitting in a garage for four years and need to know where the CG is and what the recommended control throws are. Can anyone help?

Reply to
Ted Kennedy

Give me until Monday to get mine out and scan it for you. I have one somewhere in the attic.

Reply to
Six_O'Clock_High

Reply to
notruthless

If you can't find the manual, and you can stand a bit of math, there's this:

It's written for full-scale aircraft, so it'll give you a CG range that we'd consider "trainer" or "easy sport" -- but it can give you a nice starting point from which to move the CG back, if you want more exciting flight characteristics.

When I'm actually managing to get out and fly regularly, I try to get the CG back far enough that I can snap roll when I want, but not so far that the plane is constantly volunteering to snap roll for me. Other times, I keep it safely forward.

Reply to
Tim Wescott

Is this what you are looking for ?

Wayne

Reply to
Wayne

CG main spar. Who would have thunk it? mk

low rate Elev. 1" Rud. 11/4" Ail 5/8" up 1/2" down high rate no specs this is not a 3D plane so...............

Reply to
MJKolodziej

YES! Thank you!

Reply to
Ted Kennedy

YES! Thank you!

Now this would make a fine ARF model. I would think that they would not have trouble selling hundreds of Four Star 120 ARFs. How about it, Sig?

Ed Cregger

Reply to
ecregger

They have been around for at least a couple years.. Brian

Reply to
BrianSmith