Starting in RC Modeling

Several weeks ago I asked for directions to a web-site where I could find basic information on electric power (EP) flying. I received a minimum of responses.

As I was preparing to renew my AMA membership, I received the following information from the AMA.

There's a FREE web-site by: Model Aviation's 'Sport Aviator' (the e-zine for the new model pilot)

There is never a charge, no registration, and AMA membership is never required.

They feature:

1) Learn about the newest RTF and ARF basic and advanced trainers. 2) Explore the exciting new world of electric power sport. 3) Looking of that second or third RC airplane. 4) How about basic and advanced aerobatics. 5) Make that perfect landing at Sport Aviator, (it's ALL FREE).

Enjoy! _______________________________ Earl, 'AMA' #40329

Reply to
Earl Scherzinger

AH, that's good to know, thanks Earl. Sorry you didn't get much response to your earlier post. I can this of two site I use right away

Was it the matching EP components post? I got some good info from that post. You will find out that many compnations of motor, battery and prop will fly many many planes. I just bought the Formosa glider and I bet I have something laying around to fly it with! mk

Reply to
Storm's Hamilton

Earl,

For electric info, try ezonemag.com. I think it is part of rcgroups.com now. Best electric info out there.

John VB

Earl Scherz> Several weeks ago I asked for directions to a web-site where I could find

Reply to
JJVB

Indeed it is, and there is a total newbie forum also.

Read without registration, and free registration to post.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher