RC Plane Flying in San Francisco East Bay Area

Are there any RC hobbyist in the San Francisco Bay Area? I'm in the
East Bay and I can't for the life of me found a great place to fly my
plane. There are some parks nearby with open spaces, but the spaces
are much too small to practice on since I'm a newbie and am still
making wide turns and getting the feel of the controls. I've had way
too many close calls (rooftops, trees, even a powerline!) and don't
want to want to further endanger my poor little plane.
Reply to
sjmcarter
Santa Clara County Modelers Association used to have a field on county land.... Check at Sheldons...Of course you will have to join AMA - the county requires it if I recall correctly.
Reply to
Six_O'Clock_High
Bayside R/C Club - Fremont

Tom Minger
Dude. Google 'SF Vultures'. Great group and lotsa info on Bay Area flying sites. oc
Reply to
Bill Sheppard
East Bay and I can't for the life of me found a great place to fly my plane. (deleted)<
You didn't say what kind of RC model you are flying, if it is an electric powered model there are some parks where people are allowed to fly. These sites may not require AMA membership. One such site that I am aware of is Baylands Park in Sunnyvale.
You might also check out
it is a website dedicated to Bay Area RC sites and activities.
Here are links to six clubs that I know of in the East Bay. All of them will require AMA (Academy of Model Aeronautics) membership. You can find information about the AMA at
.
RC - Milpitas
Flying Electrons
(Bay Area Radio Control Society) - Point Richmond
Valley Radio Controllers - Pittsburg
Bay Radio Controllers - Livermore
(Southern Alameda County Radio Controllers) - Union City
Hope this helps Ken
Reply to
Ken Barnes