Super Stunts

Bought a World Model Super Stunts ARF a while back and will be putting it together soon. Anything I should know about assembly or flying it? Any help will be appreciated. I plan to put a Thunder Tiger Pro 46 on it.

TIA,

Don

Reply to
Don and Marion

I have one powered by an Enya CX 45 with 450 flights on the airframe. (Av. *airtime* of .2/hr = 12 min per flight) ie: 90 hours on the airframe *not including taxi-time*.

Superb value for money, in hindsight my advice would be to;

Reinforce the firewall in the engine bay where it abutts the fuselage sides with some triangular stock, then repaint/reseal the engine bay with a polyurethane paint to *thoroughly* fuelproof it. Ordinary wear and tear from engine vibration and nosewheel impact will eventually cause separation here if you don't. If oil seeps into that joint, it's "all over red rover" insofar as successfully repairing it.

Similarly, after joining the wing halves, as a precautionary measure use some clear all weather tape to cover the upper surface centre section to prevent exhaust oil ingress into the joint.

A personal preference only, I replaced the supplied throttle wire and outer casing with Sullivan inner and outer cable and a ball joint linkage setup as is my standard practice. I used the WMM supplied hardware for everything else.

Other than that go fly. It's an *easy* and fun model to fly at both ends of the envelope, although its rolling, spinning and snap related performance is understandably mediocre by comparison with lesser span and higher wing loaded ships.

Any half-decent .46 such as a TT Pro or OS SF/FX/AX .46 is perfect for this bird. Propping the engine *for the airframe* will really optimise the combo. A Bolly Sportsman 11½ x 5 paddle works best for me.