Ultra Stick 60 ARF balance

I'm just finishing up assembly of an Ultra Stick 60. I'm using an OS
61FX and(Probably temporary) and seem to be way nose heavy. I located
the battery just forward of the vertical fin but find I need more
weight. The instruction book says to locate the engine thrust washer
between 5 and 5.25 inches from the firewall. This places it far
forward on the engine mount beams. Did I miss something here or is
this a common problem? I probably will switch to a Saito 90 as soon
as I get the parts to repair it but I don't think there is a lot of
difference in weight.
Regards,
Frank Z.
Reply to
Frank Zdancewicz
Common problem. Most US60 builders mount the elevator and rudder servos in the tail and use pull pull setups. Generally still need to add weight to the tail.
Reply to
Fubar of The HillPeople
Why people bother will pull/pull for such a short distance (servo in tail to tail control surface) is beyond me.
Wiz
Fubar of The HillPe> Common problem. Most US60 builders mount the elevator and rudder servos in
Reply to
Mike Wizynajtys
Frank, My US60 has an OS 91 FSII. I installed the battery behind the servos and added lead to the tail to get it on the recommended CG. DDeadlly
Reply to
David
Some people dig it. I just shortened the hell outta the push rods and left it at that. Never had any problems.
Reply to
Fubar of The HillPeople