Want a discount on your AMA dues and drop MA?

If the shoe fits, wear it! The R/C airplane hobby is loaded with whiners, cheapskates, and baloney merchants. Just hang around awhile and it will become self-evident of what I just wrote. Don't get your panties in a bunch just because I've pointed out the truth. Now get back to knitting yourself a skinflint airplane quilt to commemorate your being in the wrong hobby. For want of a sawbuck the magazine was lost. Joe L. "If there's anyone still present whom I've failed to insult.....I apologize."

- Edward Abbey

Reply to
JosLvng

Once again your logic is imperceivable.

What, about you calling people names for not seeing your way?

Those groups extend WELL beyond one hobby. Try turning on the TV sometime.

You were so upset that you resorted to name calling, I was merely pointing out the error of your ways. I haven't seen any "truths" out of you yet.

That's it, no heaven for you ;)

Thank you, at least now you are hinting at the truth. Next time why don't you say "I LIKE THE MAGAZINE AND IF YOU ALL DONT SUBSIDIZE IT THEY MIGHT CHARGE ME AN EXTRA $0.25. BUT I AM NOT A CHEAPSCATE, YOU ARE!"

Reply to
Steve Banks

Well I will NEVER spend $3.00 on a cup of coffee. Guess that's just me. It's not a matter of being cheap, it is a matter of wasted money. More so a matter of wasted money with no say in the matter. A lot of us were raised by depression era parents and were taught not to waste anything. I know we really don't fit into today's materialistic society very well. Dang, here I am wasting words...

John VB

Reply to
jjvb

[PLONK]

bullshit shield engaged......

Reply to
Don Parker

I've been on this newsgroup from just about day one and every year about AMA dues renewal time all the cockroaches come out of the woodwork and hiss about the cost of the dues or the magazine, and how much money would be saved if they got rid of the magazine. Nobody is holding a gun to anyone's head and forcing them to hookup for another year, so then you do really have a say. You're free to start your own organization and a newsletter, but then it's probably just easier to whine about how lousy the magazine is. Joe L. It's never too late to learn something new.

- Colonel Custer

Reply to
JosLvng

street...............

Reply to
Sport Pilot

And how would that be different from any other time or topic on this NG?

Reply to
C.O.Jones

SNIP

On that note sir, you are wrong. The MA that arrived here said nothing about my field, did not mention safety issues that were meaningful to most of the membership of my club nor contests they were interested in. The problem with MA is that it has become a cost when it should be a profit center, or at least break even. I know that RCM gets more than $1 for each $1 they spend on advertising, that is not true for MA. I also know that AMA has not been using the communications channel represented by MA to any benefit of the organization. Go look at the DVP columns that are nothing but pictures. Hard for the AMA to share much other than orders from on high when the hoi polloi mushroom members are kept in the dark and fed horse manure.

Look at the DVP for VIII closely. He even says if you want to talk, write. But he refuses to speak to many in the district. I guess he does represent the AMA to some in the district and all this time we thought he represented us to the AMA. . . .

Reply to
Six_O'Clock_High

"Six_O'Clock_High"

Reply to
C.O.Jones

It is NOT necessary that you belong to the AMA to fly toy planes. Idiot.

Reply to
Andrew