Warbirds Over Delaware 2005 - pics

I posted 300+ pics to my rocketry site...

Enjoy, Jerry O

Reply to
Jerry O'Sullivan

I am in awe of the detail in these planes. They are not scale models. They are miniature replicas. I can't even guess the amount of time and money that has gone into most or all of these craft, but I suspect the dollars is well into the thousands and the time may be 4 digit hours as well.

Thanks to Jerry O for posting these because the R/C mags can't ever give over enough space to show the number of photos that would satisfy a scale warbird nut. :o)

Reply to
Charlie Funk

If you really like these "miniature replicas" you should get a look at the planes that are entered in the World Scale Flying Model Championships. These are the best of the best. Last year's competition was held in Poland and next year's will be in Sweden.

Bruce B. US Team Supporter 2004

Charlie Funk wrote:

Reply to
Bruce Bretschneider

Reply to
Storm's Hamburgers

That's funny - I'm not usually referred to as "handsome" but the Asian photographer chic from the local newspaper I'm standing next to was a cutie:))

Jerry O

Reply to
Jerry O'Sullivan

Great pics! Does anyone know what the light tan taildragger WWII British Twin is? Neat airplane!

Reply to
Jim Slaughter

Nice pretty nice shots there......must have been a fun week!

Jerr

-- tailskid

Been modeling since '49 - which makes me an Old Fart

this thread:

tailskid2