Website update - GWS Corsair

Been updating a bit... details of the GWS Corsair with AXI brushless...

By the way (for the non brits who care)... a quid is slang for a UK pound - money!

-- Philip Rawson

Philip Rawson

I knew that! I also remember when there were 240 pence to a quid, and half-a-bob was a tanner.

Now lets see 'ya convert the speed of light from meters/second to furlongs per fortnight.

Reply to
Doug Dorton

Hogsheads to the reel...

WTH;)

Reply to
WTH

Let's see, four kilderkins (two barrels) to a hogshead, so that's 8 firkins....

You know that's part of the official US system, too. At least it was:

Fun starts about a third of the way down.

Reply to
John Alt

Back in enginemeering school, we always used gallons per fortnight-acre.

- Dave Svoboda, Sandy Eggo

Reply to
Dave Svoboda

| Now lets see 'ya convert the speed of light from meters/second to | furlongs per fortnight.

You don't need to convert the speed of light to m/s -- it's just the speed of light. Call it `c' -- scientists do.

% units 2083 units, 71 prefixes, 32 nonlinear units

You have: c You want: furlongs / fortnight * 1.8026139e+12 / 5.5474997e-13

So, there you have it. c = 1.8 x 10^12 furlongs/fortnight. :)

Ob R/C related :

I've estimated that my Balsa USA Enforcer flies at about 90 mph, limited mostly by the prop speed and not anything else. (It's really hard to find pusher props with high enough pitches.) That's 2.4 x 10^6 furlongs/fortnight, or 1.3 x 10^-7 c.

Reply to
Doug McLaren

about 3.88*10^20 gallons per fortnight-acre??

Reply to
Mike Norton

The speed of light is a constant, but it does have a valve.

What is the speed of light?

The speed of light in vacuum is exactly 299,792,458 m/s (metres per second).

In 1983 the SI (Systeme International) defined a metre as: The length of the path travelled by light in vacuum during a time interval of

1/299 792 458 of a second.

When people refer to the speed of light, they refer to the definition above - the speed of light in a vacuum.

The speed of light is normally rounded to 300,000 kilometers per second or 186,000 miles per second.

The speed of light depends on the material that the light moves through - for example: light moves slower in water, glass and through the atmosphere than in a vacuum. The ratio whereby light is slowed down is called the refractive index of that medium.

Reply to
Doug Dorton