What do you consider?

Grand solution? I have an idea which I intend to pass to whoever is elected president. Considering your history of behavior on this group, I fail to see why I should give you the time of day. You should consider yourself fortunate I even bother to respond to the likes of yourself.

Reply to
C.O.Jones

Well, please stop! I have been contributing to this group for over 5 years. You have been crapping on here less than a year and virtually every post is nothing more than pissing all over anyone who has any ideas that YOU don't like (which is just about everyone).

Reply to
Paul McIntosh

What, no unsubstantial crap answer to this one, CO?

concentrate

Reply to
Paul McIntosh

You're the one who starts the pissing contest Paul. I simply ask questions seeking information! Then you and inbreeds like you try to start trouble because they feel threatened.

You people have been squabbling about the AMA for years here. How many ideas have you come up with? How many problems have you fixed?

Reply to
C.O.Jones

No Paul! I'm sitting here wondering why YOU haven't done grand things with YOUR scheme? I could write a check for your 3 mil. Maybe you should open your mouth and explain your scheme and you might find your seed money!

And while you're at it, how many flying sites you obtained are still in use? And how many times did you have to go back and beg to keep them?

But then, I'm still retired and you're not! Stupid LIFER!

Reply to
C.O.Jones

LIFER???

message

news:416b7ca5$0$47981$ snipped-for-privacy@ptn-nntp-reader04.plus.net...

Reply to
Paul McIntosh

Ask the GI's you claim to work with!

Reply to
C.O.Jones

But their slogan is bullshit, at least regarding safer. You are much better of being hit in the chest by a 2 pound airplane going 60mph than a 20 pound airplane going the same speed, just as while driving a car, you come out better in a crash with another car than with an 18 wheeler. Bigger can be argued to be safer only if you assume that the big airplanes are flown in a safer manner. Flown in the same manner as small airplanes, bigger is definitely NOT safer.

Reply to
kokomoNOSPAMkid

You first have to buy in on the "flies better" part. Bigger does fly better. The "is safer" stuff follows on its own, a logical progression, but maybe a stretch in this context. Anything that departs controlled flight is unsafe. Freudian intentions aside, ramming someone in the chest is almost certainly an outcome of departing control.

Say... Did anyone else notice in the movie "The Matrix" that they think nothing of smashing heads through tiled concrete block walls, but paradoxically fear those tiny 9mm 125 grain bullets? Some things in your upbringing you can't change, apparently. The handgun has talismanic power far beyond what reality should warrant.

Back to "bigger flies better"... I don't really buy in. A balance of aspiration, ability, and conditions -- in both the pilot and his plane -- makes for safety. It's just easier to do given a large airframe and lots of horsepower on a not too breezy day. That's not to say a well crafted one pounder flying inside its envelope and the pilot's ability can't be safe. (Not sure how "well crafted" fits with foam insulation, packing tape, and hot glue, though. Whatever! Let's leave that for a different day.)

Reply to
Boat

Reply to
C.O.Jones

What, no unsubstantial crap answer to this one, Paul?

Reply to
C.O.Jones

I know what it means. Apparently, you don't.

Reply to
Paul McIntosh

Tell me what I don' know Paul? That does seem to be the only thing you're good for! Not that you're any good at that either!

Reply to
C.O.Jones
9.9 times out of ten an airplane crash is the result of someone in the grand scheme of things making a bad decision.
Reply to
jim breeyear

OK! Eight days after the fact but OK just the same!

Reply to
C.O.Jones