What's happened to this NG?

Yeah, but with a 73 inch wing on the back of that bike, you may want to worry about lift.

-TomO

Reply to
TomO

I like the banner idea. Perhaps I need to start a thread over on the other NG looking for suggestions, or maybe a surprise would be better.

I haven't dragged a banner behind a park flier before, I guess I don't know how much of one I could drag. Hell, the SmoothE hasn't even arrived yet. Come to think of it, I haven't dragged a banner behind the sailplanes either. I wonder if towing a few feet of audio tape behind the Spectra would help in finding those elusive thermals?

-TomO

Reply to
TomO

"TomO" SNIP

A section of white trash bag? ;^)

Reply to
Keith Schiffner

I'm not sure the lift would be a real concern when you factor in the bike's weight, your weight etc.

Reply to
Keith Schiffner

ROFL. I like it.

-TomO

Reply to
TomO

Guess I shouldn't have omitted the emoticon. Please place a 'winky' ;-) at the end of my last post to indicate that it was a joke.

-TomO

Reply to
TomO

"TomO" SNIP

That was a given. I mean...would YOU trust a CB100 to provide enough umph to keep your battery packs charged during a days flying? ;^)

Reply to
Keith Schiffner

"TomO" SNIP

You're very welcome. Every now and then you get one over the plate that is a gimme and you just Pound that puppy right out of the park. "Anybody have a sharpie?" Be interesting if you can figure out how to do it though...wonder how many would get the pun as it flew by?

Reply to
Keith Schiffner

"Keith Schiffner" wrote in news:QI- snipped-for-privacy@vnet-inc.com:

When you're a poor college student (Monty Python in the background), you have to trust your CB100. There's no other way to get around. (I was so poor, I had to use a CB100 to go to the model plane field.)

- HPT

Reply to
High Plains Thumper

You were RICH...

...I can remember taking models on my pedal cycle and thought I was well off - at least I could get to fly.

Malcolm

Reply to
Malcolm Fisher

"Malcolm Fisher" wrote in news:420fc456$0$2655$ snipped-for-privacy@master.news.zetnet.net:

You mean you got to fly? Then you were well off. I had to wait until all finished flying and were packing before I could fly.

- HPT

Reply to
High Plains Thumper

I needed others then - we all flew C/L models - mainly with no u/c so needed help to launch

Malcolm

Reply to
Malcolm Fisher

We had to trudge 25 miles through waist deep snow...;^)

Reply to
Paul McIntosh

"Paul McIntosh" wrote in message news:4210fecf$0$46677$ snipped-for-privacy@ptn-nntp-reader03.plus.net...

Oh you had it easy you did! We had to slog through

50 miles of waist deep gravel, BOTH WAYS! Up hill and -40F with 40 mph winds...that was a GOOD day. C/L gliders because we couldn't FIND fuel much less afford it. Kids these days have it easy.
Reply to
Keith Schiffner

Oh, I guess I forgot to mention that we were barefoot?

Reply to
Paul McIntosh

"Keith Schiffner" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@vnet-inc.com:

You had C/L gliders? Boy you were lucky, we couldn't afford the string to fly C/L gliders, we had to hand launch them.

- HPT

Reply to
High Plains Thumper

When I say string what I really mean is that we'd steal hair from the barber shop and braid our lines by hand during our once a week 2 minute lunch break...in the helium mines.

Reply to
Keith Schiffner

We had to wrap barbed wire around our bare feet for traction in the snow.

Reply to
TomO

You were LUCKY to have the barbed wire! WE had to scavenge the land fill for rusty can lids, then tie them to our feet with old s'getti! But it was still fun in spite of the difficulties.

Reply to
Keith Schiffner

"Keith Schiffner" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@vnet-inc.com:

You got hair from the barber shop and had a 2 minute lunch break? Boy you're lucky. We had to get ours from the sink p- trap during our 1-minute supper once a week while we were supposed to be sleeping, before returning as a shovel payload engineer in a feed lot.

- HPT

Reply to
High Plains Thumper