What happened to this group?

I have been scanning this newsgroup recently as I am returning to the hobby after a long absence.
But it appears the trolls have control, what do politics or hate to this
race of people or that group becouse their religion is not "accepted" have to do with modeling or train opps?
I would think there are newsgroups set up just for that type of discussion
Insulting remarks or using someone else's name to flame have turned this into a vary toxic group
--
B BoP Out
ya, thats not my name, but it appers some in this group does not respect
On May 31, 11:22 am, snipped-for-privacy@erstworks.net wrote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Complaining is useless. You are just playing into their hand. Give it up. Try www.trains.com there are kids in this one but old timers also. www.yahoo.com has train groups
Search the 'Net for model railroad forums. Belonging to only one train forum can really cramp your style. Ok, if you need a forum just for socializing, I guess one group is ok.
snipped-for-privacy@erstworks.net spake thus:

Actually, things are relatively good here. You must not have been reading this group a few months ago when the trolls *really* let loose; go back and look through some old threads to see what I mean. (Hint: look for inflammatory subjects and crossposting.)
If this is the best they can do, we've got nothing to worry about. There's lots of relevant information being exchanged here.
--
Any system of knowledge that is capable of listing films in order
of use of the word "fuck" is incapable of writing a good summary

I agree. If you're bothered by off-topic or off-subject posts, ignore them or kill them. Regular trouble makers get kill filed... (I might even have a filter for the name of a certain big box store that evokes quite a bit of discussion.)
Puckdropper

On Thu, 31 May 2007 15:22:04 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@erstworks.net wrote:

I tend to go off on tangents. But I'm new to the hobby and feel even sillier sometimes when I illustrate my ignorance.
Okay, trains...
Does anyone have an MTH #20-3251-1 4-8-4 Chessie T-1 (2006 vol. 2 catalog)? There is a Chessie Berkshire in the 2007 vol. 2 catalog with a similar paint scheme that I was going to wait for, and then I found the T-1.
I'm thinking of trading in my Lionel #6-18011 Chessie T-1 for the MTH version. I have enough primarily black engines. I need more color.
hobby

The problem isn't the trolls. The problem is with the morons here at r.m.r that actually reply to them.
Here's a clue: DON'T FEED THE TROLLS! Ignore them, for god's sake. They crave the attention and the destruction that they bring. Every time one of the idiots here hits the "reply" button, the trolls win again. SO STOP REPLYING TO THE TROLLS, already. Jeezus.
Paul A. Cutler III ************* What have you done to save r.m.r today? *************
On May 31, 11:22 am, snipped-for-privacy@erstworks.net wrote:

FWIW This happens every year just about this time. All the little retards are off school for the Summer and Mommy lets them play on the computer to keep them out of her hair. That's why the increase in this juvenile crap appears on the usenet groups every June.
Bill Shuey.
On May 31, 11:22 am, snipped-for-privacy@erstworks.net wrote:

I think that I should take personal responsibility for all troll activity. It seems that every time I take a hiatus from the hobby and come back here, I find that the trolling starts up again. They must like my deodorant or something. ;-)
There is still a lot of good information here. I've been lurking for a few weeks and once you start ignoring users and set up some filters (depending on your client), mostly just good information comes through. Granted, the volume isn't what it used to be, but still.
Welcome back!
Joseph
Exactly, Joseph. There's plenty of good info to be found. Just ignore the crap and continue to use the group for our needs. Bullies get no satisfaction when they get no response.
Don't let the idiots win.