For Sale / Why not in NG??

I've seen a lot of stuff for sale on here lately thru Ebay.....That's good but why not allow people to sale stuff on here directly.I guess the
charter states this rule but I don't understand why the rule is there. Stuff for sale always gets my attention so why not allow people to sale on here,even with a pix of the item,on here or by email. Since the RCU upgrade I can't do anything on there anymore.I'm one of those cheapo's on web (no flaming please) so the usual sites are now useless unless I just want to read and not reply. I'd much rather see something for sale,even if I'm not interested instead of the political stuff. Are any of you on web able to do anything on RCU or is it just me??? Why not make things more interesting?? Thanx
| I've seen a lot of stuff for sale on here
Just for the record, your post has made it to Usenet, so `here' may not be what you think it is. Usenet is NOT the web -- it's actually a good deal older than the web -- but you may access it via the web.
| lately thru Ebay.....That's | good but why not allow people to sale stuff on here directly.
People do sell stuff here directly. People just like Ebay because they often get more money there -- lots of suckers on Ebay :)
| I guess the charter states this rule but I don't understand why the | rule is there.
Which rule? Stuff for sale, ebay or not, is allowed here.
| Stuff for sale always gets my attention so why not allow people to sale | on here,even with a pix of the item,on here or by email.
Binary posts are not permitted outside of alt.binaries.* -- pretty much a general Usenet rule. But you can post a link to somewhere else.
| Since the RCU upgrade I can't do anything on there anymore.I'm one of | those cheapo's on web (no flaming please) so the usual sites are now | useless unless I just want to read and not reply.
Most ISPs provide Usenet access for free for their customers, and Google does too (but it's somewhat limited.)
| I'd much rather see something for sale,even if I'm not interested | instead of the political stuff.
There are things for sale here.
The political stuff is just off-topic drivel and should be ignored. The posters should be flogged, but with so many of them your cat o' nine tails would wear out very quickly.
| Are any of you on web able to do anything on RCU or is it just me???
Got me. Don't use RCU.
| Why not make things more interesting??
How much more interesting do you want them to be? Ancient chinese curse -- `may you live in interesting times'.
a) The Japanese eat very little fat and suffer fewer heart attacks than the
Ok, if I remember correctly, the NG was the first place we posted stuff for sale. Then came the dedicated sites.. besides, has anyone every had a post bumped of the NG? I don`t think so! So post away and if the people in charge have a problem with it .. I`m sure we will know.. Maybe the posting no for sale thing was really intended for commercial type ads.. ????
On 25 Jun 2004 16:46:22 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (SKYLANE42) wrote:

You may be looking at this newsgroup through a moderated portal.
But the newsgroup doesn't have any "people in charge" other than those of us who post here. The gatekeepers at some web sites may filter some posts out of their site, but the posts still circulate around the world via NNTP. The gatekeepers have no control over what happens outside their sites.
                    Marty
My personal reason for not buying (or selling for that matter) here in usenet is fraud. With Ebay, you get "some" protection with their rating system and even with their rather wimpy reimbursement insurance up to a point, but here in usenet, ANYONE can pick a phony username and pull off any kind of fraud they want and probably get away with it. Tell you what, I've got a crate of NIB OS.61FSR engines for sale, NEVER OPENED. There's 24 in the crate and you can have them all for $200 plus $30 shipping. Now send me a money order and I'll send them to you. How's that?
MJC

Send me some pictures and your phone number and we'll talk. I'll be in your neighborhood next week, we can exchange the items at that time.
Don

with
they
$30
I'll buy those engines if you pay the shipping.Sounds like a good deal to me.....LOL>>>>I understand what you mean.
I now know what yall are saying....It's just that in the past (long time ago) it seems like people got flamed when selling stuff in the NG. Maybe I dreamed that......
Thanx
NIB Hobbico Starter never used $30.You pay shipping......
Thanx again and Happy Flying.....
We could all be doubting Thomas`s. But what makes you think that even with ebay or RCU or any of the other sites that still can and probably does... yes, I have been burned twice.. but luckily is was a small amout of money .. like under $30 and a plane that was suppossed to be show quality was in need of a complete recover. Now, I don`t play the lottery or do any other gambling so compared to the vast majority, I`ve done really well.. just depends on your outlook.

with
yes,
like
so
your
I have been burned twice, but, like you, only for low bucks that were not worth worrying about.
Ed Cregger

I have sold quite a bit of R/C equipment on this newsgroup over the years.
Yes, there are charlatans, but there are ways of getting around that problem.
Sell away.
Ed Cregger
I looked in the 'help' area of RCU and there is a topic called: WebTV won't work on the site
Here's the link: http://www.rcuniverse.com/contact/contact_form.cfm?contact_id
Here's the text in case the link doesn't work:
=====================YOUR ANSWER We spent a great deal of time working with the folks at WebTV, our code engineers, and other development companies to try to get our site working fully with WebTV. All parties have concluded that WebTV simply isn't capable of properly displaying Web sites that are beyond simple design and function.
The editor of PCWorld Magazine called WebTV, "the browsing equivalent of a tricycle." In other words, if you have WebTV, we strongly suggest you visit our site with a real browser on a PC. Otherwise, it will result in a frustrating experience for you. We have invested a great deal in making our site incredibly rich in content and function. We cannot justify a similar expenditure to "dumb it down" for WebTV, hobbling it in the process for 98% of the non-WebTV users.
We recommend that all WebTV users drop an email to WebTV asking them how they could charge for a product which delivers such a poor Web experience
On Fri, 25 Jun 2004 09:13:17 -0500, TX snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net wrote:

I've bought and sold numerous items at these sites. http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f8
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f 0
Never had a problem. I always get a phone number and call if I'm buying to be sure I can contact him if any problems arise.
I spend more time here http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/index.php?topic=ezone than on the usenet. I never go to RCU anymore.
Regards,
Art