where has everyone gone?

I have been looking over the google records of archived newspostings from this group and hav found a staerdy drop since 1999. In october, 99 there were 10301 posts, this october, ther were 713. what gives? where's the new scene?

Reply to
Dinner

Things have not been the same since 9-11-2001.

The new scene is at

&

Many, many of the old crowd are nowhere to be found. A few inhabit the two groups above with fake names, but most seem to have lost interest and disappeared into the woodwork.

Ed Cregger

Reply to
Ed Cregger

Web forums; specifically R/C Universe. I prefer RC Groups. Some folks still frequent the newsgroup.

Good flying, desmobob

Reply to
Robert Scott

Simultaneous posts, Ed.... :-)

I spent the day at the field today; probably the last day of "normal" flying for the club here in the Northeast unless there's some freak weather later on.

Good flying, desmobob

Reply to
Robert Scott

On Mon, 27 Nov 2006 01:47:36 GMT, Dinner wrote in :

I think the other fellows have pointed you to the web forums already.

The forums have gotten several million posts, I believe, in these seven years.

FWIW, I still prefer newsgroups for my daily browsing, but I often find good stuff in the forums when using google to answer a particular question.

Marty

Reply to
Martin X. Moleski, SJ