Which .46 to buy?

OS gets my vote , although some of the others listed are good engines. I have owned many OS engines and they have all been easy to start , powerful and reliable. Seldom if ever , finicky. My two next choices are not on your list which would be Enya and Webra speed .50....not necessarily in the above order.

Ken Day

Reply to
Ken Day

That goes a long way to explain how underwhelmed I am with OS's designs since the SF/FP series. Hopefully they wont "improve" their four strokes anytime soon.

Reply to
John

They did, it's called the FL :-)

Reply to
C G

Maybe I'm not getting around enough, but I haven't seen this one around the field yet.

I was a die hard OS fan until the peeling liner problem came around. I had sent mine back early, before OS started handling the problem correctly. Might be holding a grudge too long, but I don't recommend them anymore, other than the four strokes. I'll have to look at one of these FL's and check up on the feedback but I'm not optimistic.

Reply to
John Alt

Consider yourself lucky, and warned.

Sorry, it wasn't obvious I was being sarcastic. The FL series is an attempt to sell a low end 4 stroke. I've yet to read anything good about them.

Reply to
C G

Steve I dont know where you are getting your prices but thay are high. I got the super tigre 45 for 68.95 from the LHS and the Thunder Tiger 46 pro is about the same price and both are great engines Os makes a good engine but thay are way over priced in my book. I have one engine i realy like and it is a VMax Pro 46 sold by Richardson RC i have 8 gal of fuel through this engine and it still has great comp and runs great never have to ajust the carb just start it and fly.and for the 69.95 you can go wrong with this engine. and it is a cool looking engine with the gold head and big muffler. Try one out i think you will like it. I am about to get one to put in a new plane i am putting togather. George Thomas AMA 817004

Reply to
George Thomas

I had issues with low end and not being able to shut down. I pulled the backplate and carb, put a small dab of silicone sealer on the gasket surfaces, but her back together, and it was 100%. Probably the most powerful 46 I've tried.

--- Rich

Rich Lockyer

My choice would be the Thunder Tiger Pro .46. Mine started right out of the box on the second flip and has given me excellent service. There are more powerful .46s out there, but it's the one of the most user-friendly engines I've owned. I also have a GMS .47 which has a lot of power, but it took a little tinkering with the needle valve to get it running. My GMS has one of the best idles I've seen. It will idle all day without loading up.

Morris

Reply to
Morris Lee