wing varience

I'm wondering if someone can help me with a slight (I hope) problem with my Extra 300s made by Seagull Models. I just finished the plane and it looks great. When I measured the height from the floor to the wingtips, I found the right wing to be 7 inches and the left to be 6.75 inches. Will this be a problem with a 1/4 inch varience? If so, how can I correct this now that the model is completed?

Darren

Reply to
Darren Earle

Well, to answer your question first, the answer is probably not. I take it this measurement is the plane sitting on the landing gear. The most likely problem is the landing gear needs to be bent a little.

IF instead you are talking about this difference by setting the tail square with surface you are measuring on, then you will experience trim problems.

But lets back up a step. Are you a beginner? I'm asking here because from the question it sounds to me like this is your first model. If it is, DONT ATTEMPT TO LEARN TO FLY WITH THIS PLANE. It is not for beginners, or even a second plane. Find a trainer plane and an instructor, or you will be bringing it home in a plastic bag after a 5 second flight.

Reply to
John Alt

Wingtips to the ground isnt really critical as far as I know. The main wing not being square to the stab is.

Reply to
Fubar of The HillPeople

"Darren Earle wrote: | When I measured the height from the floor to the wingtips, I found | the right wing to be 7 inches and the left to be 6.75 inches. Will this be | a problem with a 1/4 inch varience? If so, how can I correct this now that | the model is completed? | | Darren

Put a 1/8 inch wedge under your left wheel, and you're all set! Seriously though, this isn't a problem.

-- Wood floats... We can make it fly...

Stefan Pettersen

Reply to
Stefan Pettersen

Nah...

Jus' let a bit o' air outta the righthand tire....

Cheers,

Reply to
Bill Fulmer

Reply to