Wingo motor

During my "learning period" my Wingo was demolished and glued back together again numerous times; it weighs a little more than it did when I bought it! Now my flying has progressed I want to get floats for the plane making it heavier still. So, I'm thinking of buying a geared motor for the Wingo, in particular a Graupner 400 7.2V geared speed motor.

The Wingo manufacturers offer their own geared motor, but I can get the Graupner easier and cheaper. Anyone else done a similar thing? Should work ok shouldn't it?

David.

Reply to
David H

I have the Hobby Lobby geared Wingo setup on my Wingo and it works great. I think the main key is the 1100mAh Nimh battery pack. I have had near 30 minute flights with throttle management carrying a micro video system on board.

Reply to
Fubar of The HillPeople

I think the graupner I mentioned is pretty much the same as the setup Hobby Lobby offer so the Graupner should work fine. I did consider a brushless motor briefly, but then I can get the geared Graupner very cheap second hand from a friend. Buying a new brushless is more expensive and then I have to replace the speed controller too I think; suddenly my cheap project becomes quite expensive.

I think I'll go ahead and buy the Graupner. If it works I'll let you know. If not I'll be reaching for the epoxy once again!

Thanks.

Reply to
David H