AutoCAD - Excel prob

Hello,

I have an Excel chart on the autocad paper space but can´t do anything with it: can´t select it so can´t erase it, move etc. Any ideas? It´s not visible in the model space so it should be on the paper space. I´ve not done the drawing in the first place so don´t know the history behind it.

thanks, Pekka

Reply to
Pekka P

Did you try picking the edge of the OLE precisely?

Reply to
Michael Bulatovich

Problem as I see it is that yuo cant paste an excel chart into AutoCAD, or ther cad for that matter as AutoCAD entities.

You can paste a grap rom Mathcad intoAutoCAD, or you can plot the points on a model,or paper space (write a script) and put a spline through them.

You should be able to select it by dragging the mouse from right to left if it is set up properly.

regards to all,

John

Reply to
John

I have had this problem in the past. I found a poor work around on the autodesk site. Essentially it told you to switch off each layer in turn until you figure out which layer the spreadsheet was inserted on, then isolate that layer and move everything except the spreadsheet to a different layer. Afterwards you can turn off the layer with the spreadsheet, rename the layers as required and re-insert the spreadsheet from excel to a new layer. I wanted to find some better way such as editing the autocad file the way you would edit a batch file, but I could not find anything. It only happened to me once or twice. I have no idea why it happened.

Reply to
Mike Harrison

Thanks for the answers! I still couldn´t select the chart so I made a new drawing and copy/pasted the old drawing into it..

Reply to
Pekka P