Black Background

Tim S wrote:

let me see if I am following, if you get a drawing from another office that was made with ticks, and change it to arrowheads, are you not in danger of them having dimensioned "backwards" some of the time?
I am not sure I follow when you say "arrows show the direction of every dimension".
I use ticks, I like to start at one end and continue, left to right and bottom to top. But nobody's perfect. I did not think when I string from right to left, Hebrew, that God was actually watching. :)
??
Poorly phrased. If you have one arrow on the left side of the extension, but none on the right side you will know that the left dimension ends at this extension, but the right is overlapping the left, that you need to adjust dimensions, and the string cannot be trusted.
example
-------->|<---------- is good-------->|----------- is bad
---------|<---------- is bad
---------/----------- who knows
roy wrote:

<removes his teeth for a moment, and gums himself for a bit before speaking in a scratchy voice>
In the old days, the only way to tell if a dimension could be trusted was to actually check the math. Arguing that arrows help you identify sloppy drafting and checking is a point taken, but they also take up more room in a tight string.
--

MichaelB
www.michaelbulatovich.ca
Michael Bulatovich wrote:

Michael Bulatovich wrote:

the wife, the boss, still insists on adding up every dimension string. I hope that this is a good way for her to check the drawing for other stuff, because it's been a LONG time since she caught me with an OOPS. time = money......
anybody have a suggestion - I can't get her to let me use stacked fractions, and on a tight string is would sure help sometimes.....
[ can use all the help I can get ]

<snip>
tis easier on the eyes...

In fact, I've had to replaced those marks with my own block, as the only way I could figure to not plot variable length extention lines and still keep the dims origins on their objects, is to make the extention lines a non-printing colour [ 'white' pen,] which then renders the standard marks 'invisable' too...
-- R'zenboom