block references itself

Hello, I've often tried to figure exactly what is going on when you try to insert a block an it refuses with an error msg of "Block references itself " I checked and their are no blocks in the drawing by that name, so it must mean another scenario. Appreciate any info.

Reply to
JG

Hello, I've often tried to figure exactly what is going on when you try to insert a block an it refuses with an error msg of "Block references itself " I checked and their are no blocks in the drawing by that name, so it must mean another scenario. Appreciate any info.

Reply to
Mason

How was/are you creating the block is it crated from another file, created by the wblock command, or by using the block command ???? ============== Well I'm not sure, since we work with drawings that have been started by others some times. Or in other words when ever I've seen the msg I cannot really remember doing anything other than normal, meaning blocks under similar circumstances have worked fine. I'm guessing it has something to do with (unknown) nested blocks in a wblock possibly??

Reply to
JG

Check the block references within the blocks in the block or just explode every thing.

Bob

Reply to
sycochkn

The block itself contains another block with the same name. Use the 'rename' feature to change the block name.

Reply to
no-spam-for-hkjffekafphdkdoemehepegkppboihac

just rename said block & insert it

Reply to
longshot