BricsCad program

Have any of you folks heard of a BricsCad program? One of the engineers I work for is considering this as an alternative to AutoCAD. He downloaded the 30 day trial version and is checking it out.

He asked me to post this inquiry to you all. Any thoughts? (Fit to print, that is)

Janice

Reply to
Janice G

Depending on what you do, it'll probably do everything you would ask of the higher-priced industry standard program. Add ons are available to. Use the saved money to buy some nice chairs for your operators ; )

Reply to
Michael Bulatovich

Any IntelliCAD will do everything that AutoCAD does, in 2D.

And, if you'r a keyboard man, like myself, than all you have to do is turn off all those annoying, monitor cluttering toolbars, and draw away. Since all the commands are the same.

Reply to
The-trooper

We're evaluating bricscad also. And so far it seems like it will do 90% of what the other higher priced one does. Gradient hatching is missing but the website says that's on its way....I guess the money saved on that could be be used to buy Photoshop which does gradients and more ...

Reply to
Steve

Reply to
Janice G