Calculating area?

Hello, AREA command is very useful when calculating area made of polilines and so, but let assume the area is surounded by lines or exploded rectangles.
Do you know, if there is any comand or lips program to calculate area simply clicking mouse inside desirable area surounded by lines etc. not pointind at every edge point. Somethig similar to aplying hatch using Pic Point, pointing in to midle of region.
Thanks in advice, Edgar
P.S. sorry about my English
You could try the BOUNDARY command.
Conny

so,
simply
at

thanks it works fine, except one moment, let asume there is not closed shape it has a gap in its perimeter. With HACH command I can appy hach to the gapped shape (controling system variable HPGAPTOL). what about to BOUNDARY command, is there any system variable that controls gap detection so it retur a ragion or polyline.
sincerely, Edgar

shape
new command in rel.: 2005 "hatch with a gap" so upgrading is the answer.
Jeroen
On Sun, 18 Apr 2004 12:25:12 +0300, Edgar wrote:

I think BLINE (BPLINE? Can't recall exactly, and not at work.) might. It will create a polyline boundary from surrounding objects by picking within them. (Others have said BOUNDARY--that may be the same, it's been years since I typed in the whole command. :)
--
Steve Hall [ snipped-for-privacy@mindspring.com ]

DodoCAD... a Free (GPL) tool package for AutoCAD!