create circle - must intersect point and 2 lines

Autocad question for beginner:

I need to create a circle of radius 15 that intersects the point (12,30) and intersects the horitzonal lines y=20 and 50 (the y value of the center of the circle is 35). Suggestions?

Reply to
Tim923

...or just use the 3point option with the Circle command, and select TAN, TAN, NODE for the three points. AutoCAD does all the work. ___

Reply to
Paul Turvill

OK, thanks. Let me try it both ways.

Reply to
Tim923

I did it graphically first and then used Paul's method to check my result. Be aware that the order of selection using the 3 point method will result in

2 possible answers that satisfy the requirements.
Reply to
Mike R.

It's not the *order* of selection, but rather the location on the lines at which you select the TAN points. As far as producing a second solution, so will the graphic method. In either case, you have to choose on which side of the point object you want to draw the circle. ___

Reply to
Paul Turvill