AutoCAD 2006 Menu Question

I have just (reluctantly) upgraded to AutoCAD 2006. I notice that the pull-down/toolbar menu structure has been changed and you can't (well, shouldn't) customise using a text editor anymore.

I'm getting used to most of the customisation procedures using the customization dialog box, but I can't persuade AutoCAD to load the pull-down menus in my preferred order.

In the customization dialog box, I can pick and drag the pull-down menus into the order I want, or I can turn them all off and then turn them back on in the order I want. Although the pull-down menus are now shown in the dialog box in my preferred order, none of the 'Apply' or 'Save' functions actually actions my choice and the pull-down menus remain displayed in sequence pop1 to pop 16, reading left to right.

How do I achieve the order I want? Must I use the menuload command in a Lisp routine?

Reply to
mlv

"Workspace" is what you need to deal with. Acad will open each session with the default workspace and all your changes will be lost until you create a custom "workspace". One you have done so you can switch to your preferred workspace or select it as default via "set current". The help file gives reasonably clear instructions.

Reply to
S. Scalise

OK, thanks. I'll go look up workspace and see how I get on.

Reply to
mlv