AutoCAD 2006 Menu Question

I have just (reluctantly) upgraded to AutoCAD 2006. I notice that the pull-down/toolbar menu structure has been changed and you can't (well,
shouldn't) customise using a text editor anymore.
I'm getting used to most of the customisation procedures using the customization dialog box, but I can't persuade AutoCAD to load the pull-down menus in my preferred order.
In the customization dialog box, I can pick and drag the pull-down menus into the order I want, or I can turn them all off and then turn them back on in the order I want. Although the pull-down menus are now shown in the dialog box in my preferred order, none of the 'Apply' or 'Save' functions actually actions my choice and the pull-down menus remain displayed in sequence pop1 to pop 16, reading left to right.
How do I achieve the order I want? Must I use the menuload command in a Lisp routine?
--
Mike
-Please remove 'safetycatch' from e-mail address before firing off your

S. Scalise wrote:

OK, thanks. I'll go look up workspace and see how I get on.