Menus in Autocad LT

Is it possible to customise menus in the current version of Acad LT?

Many years ago, this was possible by editing the main menu file directly, rather than using pop lisp driven additions as in full blown Acad. Is this still the method?

If so, is it possible to call slide libraries for block insertion, or is the menu customisation restricted to cascading text options?

TIA

Phil

Reply to
TheScullster

Yes, it's all there. Go to the help files and look for "Customize". You may need to reload the mnu file from AutoCAD LT after you edit it. It's better if you make your own add-on menu rather than editing the original menu.

Conny

"TheScullster" skrev i meddelandet news:bmgk4t$a4l$1$ snipped-for-privacy@news.demon.co.uk...

Reply to
Conny Klasson

Thanks Conny

When you talk about add on menus, what do you mean exactly? Is this just a separate "pop" section within the menu file?

I am asking dumb questions, because I don't have Acad LT at the moment, just

7 seats of full Acad. We need to expand our draughting resource quickly and I want to know how much of our custom stuff can be made available to users of LT.

Do you know whether slide libraries are supported?

Phil

Reply to
TheScullster

Yes they are. Did it myself in LT2002.

Reply to
Daniel J. Ellis

No, make another mnu file, use MENULOAD to add your own mnu file.

Yes,

No LISP or VBA in LT out of the box, you'll need a 3d party product like "Slingshot" from

to do that. There is also a product called "LT Extender" somewhere.

Conny

Reply to
Conny Klasson

Thanks, Conny

My next question was going to be lisp! Guess if they included that, there'd be not enough separating LT from Acad.

Phil

Reply to
TheScullster