Creating a pentacle?

Hello,
Is there a way (a lisp?) to create e.g. pentacle basicly same way than a
circle is created? E.g. I´d give the center point -> the program would ask
how many corners -> I´d give 5 -> then I´d just draw a circle but it´d be a
pentacle.
?
thanks,
Pekka
Reply to
Pekka P
I recall seeing a LISP once that could draw stars and such. You might google search it. -S
Reply to
SimonLW
What's wrong with the POLYGON command? ___
Reply to
Paul Turvill
A pentacle is a five point star with a circle around it. -S
Reply to
SimonLW
Perhaps, although dictionary.com says nothing about a circle being part of it. I've seen many instances where posters use less than totally accurate terms for something they're trying to achieve. In any case, unless it's something he has to do over and over and over again, the POLYGON command is a very good place to start. After that, all one would have to do is to "connect the dots." ___
Reply to
Paul Turvill
You can you use a POLYGON command.
Pekka P wrote:
Reply to
nemi
why not just use the POLYGON command? :o)
Reply to
Longshot
Not sure why the others are going on about the POLYGON command, how that creates a Pentacle `quickly' is beyond me.
BTW the ancient LISP routine you require is STAR.LSP which can be found at :
These go back to the late 80's but still don't feature in current releases.
Download and add to one of your supported directories, type (load "star") at the acad command prompt, enter no. of points (5), enter inner rad and then outer rad.
Hope this helps.
Reply to
Capt. Flack
Okay, what's the inner radius of a pentacle? Or more precise what is the radius of a circle circumscribed about the interior pentagon formed by connecting the vertices of a larger regular pentagon?
Doug T
I wonder if that's in my pocket reference?
Capt. Flack wrote:
Reply to
Doug T
That´s right!! I´ve been using AutoCAD for about 12 years and never have had to use this command before...:-)
Thanks, Pekka
You can you use a POLYGON command.
Pekka P wrote:
Reply to
Pekka P
----- Original Message ----- From: "Doug T" Newsgroups: alt.cad.autocad Sent: Tuesday, September 20, 2005 6:03 AM Subject: Re: Creating a pentacle?
Where `R' is the distance from centre to point
s = length of flat on pentagon r = radius from centre point to mid point of flat
R would equal the square route of (`s' squared over 4) + `r' squared
BTW the original poster wanted a Pentagon not a pentacle by the looks of things ! Oh dear.
Reply to
Capt. Flack
Well, as of this morning, the OP seems satisfied with the POLYGON command ... ___
Reply to
Paul Turvill
See comments in another thread about naming things well ; }
Reply to
Michael Bulatovich
I know. It can be very frustrating attempting to answer a question when the OP doesn't know what to ask, or how to ask it accurately. I was lucky on this one. ___
Reply to
Paul Turvill