Dragging text from one dwg into another?

Hi,
Is it possible to bring two Autocad drawings up, and drag text from one drawing into another? Or is copying the only way?

TIA,
Dennis

It doesn't appear to be.

It isn't THAT harsh ;-)
If you don't mind too much overhead and really love the DnD action: you can make a block of the text, then open Design Center, find the currently open drawing, go to its list of blocks then drag the block containing the text into the other open drawing from the DC.
THOUGH, it is possible that I have ALLOWDND set to 0. ;-)
2004/2005 - yes you can. Dtext & Mtext.

Why not copy/paste text (just like any other objects) from one drawing to another?? just like with any other windows application

says...

I wanted the fastest method.

--
"Be suspicious of anybody who claims to know the truth."

The question concerned dragging text from one open drawing into another open drawing.

Ooo, this modern world.
You are actually about 99% correct on this. You can *copy* text by dragging between open drawing windows, but you cannot *move* text from one window to another by dragging. It has to be a copy operation. Actually I had thought this was the point of the original post because I interpreted his question of "is copying the only way" as menaing "the only way to drag text between windows".
Semantics, I guess. :)
LT

Not even with standard modifiers (CTRL, SHIFT, something)?

No, sir. It kind of surprised me when I found out.
LT