DWF to DWG converter

Anyone have experience with a dwf to dwg converter/importer they would recommend?

Reply to
S. Scalise

Autodesk sells crippleware.

Anyone have experience with a dwf to dwg converter/importer they would

Reply to
clintonG

But, how about a DWF converter?

Reply to
S. Scalise

a dwf is equivalent to a pdf. its a picture. you might as well scan the image & insert it into acad & trace it. there are some raster to vector. what i've seen isnt all that impressive. I would rather just trace it & not fight the incompatibility. You will have scaling issues, endpoint issues, some items like splines or ellipses may not show up. enjoy the ride.

Reply to
Longshot

I agree with you almost totally. However, the file in question consist of 36 "E" drawings. Plotting will cost $216.00. Scans will cost $144.00. Then I still have to trace over the entire mess. The average price for DWF to DWG is around $120.00. I tried raster to vector apps some time back and was not the least impressed (if I remember correctly Turbocad did the best job). Basically, I will use the conversions as reference only.

Reply to
S. Scalise

i envision paying the $120 , creating a major headache & countless hours trying to obtain the desired results, then still paying the $216 & $144, then tracing over them the old fashioned way. good luck.

Reply to
Longshot

You've been reading my life story haven't you! I plan to completely redraw the project itself. 20 some odd sheets of the file are only details and I just need to be able to refer to them. Thanks for the encouragement !?

Reply to
S. Scalise

sorry about that, it just seems that's how it usually works out for me too.

Reply to
Longshot

Google dwf to dwg

Reply to
rj

Gee what a great idea. Do you recommend them all?

Reply to
S. Scalise

roflmao

Reply to
longshot

wmmows

Reply to
S. Scalise

"S. Scalise" wrote in news:XHmjf.8785 $ snipped-for-privacy@twister.southeast.rr.com:

I use a program called Any Dwf to Dwg converter, yes that is the name. Go to

and dl the program. works real well IMO.

Reply to
Chris

Oh.... "for reference only" ? Open the dwf, print it to pdf and then save as .tif (if you paid for full acrobat?) or use the graphics copy tool within reader and paste them into an image editor. Save as tif, jpg, whatever then image attach them in AutoCAD.

Reply to
rj

"reference" was a poor choice of words. I desire to x-ref them into the current drawing, visually refer to the details and when finished, detach them. IMHO this would be much better than having to deal with large paper drawing.

Reply to
S. Scalise