DWF to DWG converter

Anyone have experience with a dwf to dwg converter/importer they would recommend?

Autodesk sells crippleware.
<%= Clinton Gallagher METROmilwaukee (sm) "A Regional Information Service" NET csgallagher AT metromilwaukee.com URL http://metromilwaukee.com / URL http://clintongallagher.metromilwaukee.com /

But, how about a DWF converter?

a dwf is equivalent to a pdf. its a picture. you might as well scan the image & insert it into acad & trace it. there are some raster to vector. what i've seen isnt all that impressive. I would rather just trace it & not fight the incompatibility. You will have scaling issues, endpoint issues, some items like splines or ellipses may not show up. enjoy the ride.
I agree with you almost totally. However, the file in question consist of 36 "E" drawings. Plotting will cost $216.00. Scans will cost $144.00. Then I still have to trace over the entire mess. The average price for DWF to DWG is around $120.00. I tried raster to vector apps some time back and was not the least impressed (if I remember correctly Turbocad did the best job). Basically, I will use the conversions as reference only.

i envision paying the $120 , creating a major headache & countless hours trying to obtain the desired results, then still paying the $216 & $144, then tracing over them the old fashioned way. good luck.

issues,
You've been reading my life story haven't you! I plan to completely redraw the project itself. 20 some odd sheets of the file are only details and I just need to be able to refer to them. Thanks for the encouragement !?

sorry about that, it just seems that's how it usually works out for me too.
Google dwf to dwg

Gee what a great idea. Do you recommend them all?

roflmao
wmmows

Oh.... "for reference only" ? Open the dwf, print it to pdf and then save as .tif (if you paid for full acrobat?) or use the graphics copy tool within reader and paste them into an image editor. Save as tif, jpg, whatever then image attach them in AutoCAD.

"reference" was a poor choice of words. I desire to x-ref them into the current drawing, visually refer to the details and when finished, detach them. IMHO this would be much better than having to deal with large paper drawing.

I use a program called Any Dwf to Dwg converter, yes that is the name. Go to www.anydwg.com and dl the program. works real well IMO.