Layer precedence?

Is it possible to specify that lines drawn on one layer appear on top of another layer? For example, I have three layers. Layer 1 should appear on top of Layer 2, and Layer 2 should appear on top of Layer 3. If I hide Layer 2, Layer 1 should still be on top of Layer 3. (using AutoCAD 2006)

Reply to
jsg

DrawOrder

BruceF

Reply to
Mr. B

No - at least not out of the box. Unbelievable isn't it!?! I think it's top of the current wishlists though.

Back in September 2003 Cadalyst posted a routine that lets you change the draworder of all the objects on a given layer. I haven't used it, but it must be pretty straightforward so it should work with your version, and it might go some way towards what you're trying to achieve.

strawberry