Layers

Hi Group,

Is it possible to alter the stacking order of layers to bring items to the front for alteration as is done in Photoshop.

Thanks in advance to all those who take the time to reply.

David

Reply to
dNOfSPAMn

You can use the display order commands on individual items - can't remember what menu it is on. They don't wor on a layer basis though - only on individual items. Furthermore, in releases prior to 2004 they do not work within blocks.

Matthew

Reply to
Matthew Taylor

Look into DRAWORDER. It might be what you are looking for.

Reply to
Ian A. White

No. Individual objects can be pushed up and down with DRAWORDER, but in AutoCAD, layers do not have a "Z" position.

Reply to
Michael Bulatovich

Check out

I think they have/had a tool to do it with layers, as well. Not sure if it was a free tool or part of their toolpac.

Reply to
TomD

I've had good luck with using it in a couple of blocks with 2Ki. Very simple blocks, but blocks.

XRefs are a different matter.

Reply to
TomD