need Concrete Pad print

I draw electrical prints, but I'm in need of a concrete pad layout.

Any size will do, just need general idea of how to draw a 12" thick pad to hold a large generator.

Any help is appreciated!

Conner

Reply to
Conner

Me too...

Is the Generator Outside (earth)? Inside (on concrete?)

Any Local requirements regarding Seismic and the attatchment of the pad to an existing/new concrete slab?

Do you need the pad to be re-inforced (ie: Re-Bar)?

But given all that, you would be better off getting a Local Structural Engineer to do the design of the pad as there is the weight of the generator to also consider (12-inches is a thick pad by any means - but if you are talking 1500 Kw generator... may not be enough).

I'd call for chamfered edges (personal tast).

And if you have Seismic considerations, then there is a minimum amount of area around the physical dimension of the genrator base to allow proper seismic bolting down of the generator.

Other than that, I'm also a bit unclear to exactly what you are asking. As far as a plan view is concerned, a rectangle with a note to it informing the contractor that a concrete pad is required is usually what we do here (Vancouver, Canada). We have in our Spec that the Contractor is responsible to have a local Seismic Engineer design the pad. We just call for that one is required under the contract.

Regards,

BruceF

Reply to
Mr. B