News of Drafix?

I have a history of having CAD programs shot out from under me. First Drafix, then Intellicad....

Does anyone here have an old copy of Drafix they would be willing to sell? For my limited CAD requirements, it was the most productive of the tools I've used.

Bill

Reply to
William Meyer

Huh? Last I heard, Intellicad was still alive and well, and available from several sources. ___

Reply to
Paul Turvill

Yes, I see that now. I hadn't been aware of its resurrection, only of it's (apparently temporary) demise.

Nonetheless, my focus is really on Drafix.

Bill

Reply to
William Meyer

Mmmm ... when would that have been? AFAIK, it's been continuously available since its earliest beginnings. Perhaps you're thinking of the point that it went from being freeware, and evolved into a viable commercial product. ___

Reply to
Paul Turvill

Not sure of the exact timeframe. I lost faith when it went from being a commercial product to an unsupported product, and as my need for CAD declined at the same time, it became a non-issue.

No CAD program I have tried, however, has been a worthy replacement for Drafix, with its ease of use and excellent output appearance. Sadly, I lost the most recent release I had used, and wish I could locate it again.

Bill

Reply to
William Meyer

Didn't Autodesk sort of combine Drafix and AutoSketch? (least back in the day of AutoSketch Rel.5). might be worth looking into it?

BTW, not that I would ever condone it.....but you might be able to track down a copy of Drafix off eMule/eDonkey (or your favorite peer-2-peer program)

HTH,

Michael (LS)

Reply to
Michael (LS)