Polymesh to solid

Hello, I'm trying to convert a set of triangles to a solid, to be put in ACIS format. I don't know AutoCAD, but it seems like it should be capable of doing it. I've gotten as far as getting all the triangles into a single polymesh. I'm unable to either convert that to a surface or a solid, however. I am aware of a LSP app called m2s.lsp, but it doesn't seem to want to work on a closed solid. If anyone has any guidance, I'd be most appreciative.

Adam

Reply to
adamb924

Hi, Adam -

I wrote M2S.lsp several years back, but it only works on polyGON meshes

-- the kind that look like a net of rectangles -- and open ones at that. It won't work for what you are trying to do.

These days, I convert a bounded set of faces, meshes, and/or regions to an AEC mass element with ADT's AECMassElementConvert command, and then convert the mass element to a solid with ADT's ConvertTo3DSolids.

These commands have been in ADT since at least version 2006, but are not available in plain AutoCAD - the reason I wrote M2S to deal with a different type of mesh. I agree that they should be.

-Bill Gilliss

======================

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Reply to
Bill Gilliss

Adam -

You might also want to ask your question on the autodesk.autocad.customization newsgroup on the discussion.autodesk.com server. Giles Chanteau has been working along these lines and might have some suggestions or LISP routines that you could use.

-Bill

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Reply to
Bill Gilliss

Thanks for this reply, Bill. It happens that my university has ADT, so I ended up going that route. It works perfectly.

Adam

Reply to
adamb924