Re: CAD Newbee seeks path to enlightenment

On Fri, 16 Apr 2004 17:43:53 +0100, rk wrote:

I think the best way to learn CAD is to customize it. If you're only reacting to tools, you're not really considering exactly what that tool is doing (and not doing) for you.
Once you begin customizing (actually developing software or at least scripts) you don't understand how the framework operates. But when you are trying to program some functionality, you quickly understand the limitation or simplicity of it.
Think of a task that would make your job easier. Then write a script to do it. Extra points if it's so easy you can explain it and let someone else use it in a sentence. Then donate your work and your advice to newbies. :)
--
Steve Hall [ snipped-for-privacy@mindspring.com ]

DodoCAD... a Free (GPL) tool package for AutoCAD!

Where on the web can I find a tutorial on writing scripts?
Thanks, jo
Always start with F1 on the path to CAD enlightenment.
--

MichaelB
www.michaelbulatovich.com

I second that
93768.news.uni-berlin.de:

I sleep with the boss, and it don't help..... It's fun, but it don't help.
(married to the boss, so I think it's O.K.)
roy